Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I think I'm fucked .

Today, Soda told me he was bringing me to the DX with him. He sure loved that place. He told me that at first it sucked, with the whole have-to-work-to-help-support-my-brothers thing, but it grew on him, and now he couldn’t stand to be away. I didn’t see what was so special, I mean, it’s just a gas station.
“Why you bringing me to the DX Soda?” I wondered.
“I’m gonna get you a job, that’s why.” A job? I never expected having a job at this age. Bob never had to work for anything, especially because he was with my father. Dad had all the money, leaving my mom with none. I went with her to the north side, where I am now, and I thought she had the money problems all under control, but maybe not. I guess it wouldn’t too bad to help her out with some bills.  
“Why are you gonna get me a job?”
“Yeah, Help out your mom, and look like a greaser while doin it!” Soda exclaimed.  That could help me a lot. I still wasn’t sure whether or not me being a greaser would pan out since when I was a soc, the socs hated me, and the greasers hated me. Now I was going on their turf, trying to be one of them, I had to get all the fitting in I possibly could.
“Alright, I guess so.” And with that I followed him to where ever he was going. When we approached a door, Soda went in, and shut the door in my face, locking it behind him. There was some talking going on, but it was too mumbled for me to hear it. So I took a nice seat on the side of the little building that Soda was in. I was sitting there for a little while Soda was still talking to whoever was inside.  I heard a third unfamiliar voice, but I disregarded it. A small fragile looking boy was walking towards me. As he came closer I could tell it was Johnny Cade.
“Hey, is Ponyboy around?” He asked  me.
“Nah, why would he be here?”
“I don’t know, sometimes he comes here with Soda.” He said depressingly.
“Is something bugging you?”
“No. It’s just that my parents are fighting, and I hate it so I wanted hang with Pony. What are you up to?”
“Just waiting for Soda, he’s trying to get me a job here.”
“Ah, cool!” Johnny exclaimed. “So did you like the dinner the other night? Darry’s a great cook. I saw you checking people out. Find anyone to your liking?”
“Just uh, one girl. Her name’s Breanna.” Johnny smirked while looking up at something. Like he wasn’t listening to me. I looked in the direction that he was and there stood ginger-headed Breanna.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with the new job, and Breanna :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks:P Not sure if she heard or not...but if she reads this, I'm screwed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha, ya know I dont think you gotta worry about it Tyler

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry Ty, I didn't hear you say it. :) So you're not screwed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahha bre how long before you sleep with this one :3

    ReplyDelete