Friday, March 25, 2011

I might of found where I belong

I used to be a soc, emphasis on used to. My parents split. No surprise there, and my dad took all the money. I was left in the North side with my mom, so I was technically a greaser. My older brother Bob said I wasn't old enough to do the things him and his soc friends did, which I don't agree with because I've probably gotten into more trouble than he had, so he left me on my own. That is, untill one day I met Sodapop Curtis.
 I was trying to get in on some action when I was with Bob one day, He shut me down and told me to stay out of it. Bob left, and I started to talk to they guy he was trying to hassle. He seemed like a nice guy. Definitly a pretty boy. Seemed like a soc, but I could tell he wasn't. I felt sorry that my older brother was always bagging on him, so I wrote down my number and told him to give me a call if Bob comes back. I went walking away, and I guess he felt bad for me because he called me right then and there and asked if I wanted to go to his house for dinner. That was the most wanted I ever felt, but when I told him I would stay for dinner, I didn't know what I was getting myslf into.
When I walked into the old screen door, about 20 people turned their faces towards me and Soda. I didn't realize that this was going to be a social gathering.

"This is the gang. It seems like a lot of people, but we're all basically family." Soda told me. Just as I was going to find a place to sit, an extremely muscular man confronted me. He seemed tuff, and tough. It sort of scared me. He had a brutal look on his face, and I thought he would question me or something. But what came next surprised me. A giant grin on his face appeard and he couldn't have looked any friendlier.

"Well hello, I'm Darry."

"Hi there Darry," I started. "I'm Tyler Sheldon." The whole group simoultaneously gasped. I knew exactly why. "But I ain't a soc like my brother Bob." They believed me, and then I ate like I've never ate before in my life. Literally stuffed myself, and along the way, I noticed this girl, I think her name was Breanna. Gosh she was real pretty.

6 comments: